Sunday, July 22, 2012

Goodbye Mongolia


I honestly can’t say how I feel about leaving Mongolia. The past month has been awesome because I’ve been super busy and I loved getting interact with all of the international volunteers and staff that were here for the BSB. But I also haven’t forgotten the rather depressing times in March, April, and May when it still seemed to be winter and I wasn’t busy. So my feelings are mixed.

I’m sad because I will miss the great people that I’ve met here and gotten to know. My co-workers and my friends from church are really amazing people and I am very sad to leave them.

I’m happy because I’m leaving pretty much when all of the international people I’ve gotten to know the past couple of weeks are leaving too, so I don’t feel like I’m being left behind. I’m also happy because I’m on my way to start a 3-week trip through China, Vietnam, Cambodia, and Thailand. I am SUPER excited to be going back to China to see people, most of all my friend Ana and her family who I’m staying with in Foshan. Honestly if I wasn’t on my way to see Ana and get to hang out with her for a few days I might not get on that airplane. I’m also happy because I’m meeting up with my best friend Lacey in Thailand and that’s going to be awesome.

I’m nervous because after that 3-week trip I still have no life plans other than to sleep on my mom’s couch and work at Del Taco until I find a real job. I’m getting a little panicky, but I’m trying to ignore my growing sense of dread.

I’m grateful for my experience in Mongolia, the good and the bad. It has been a real learning experience and I’m thankful for the professional and personal growth I’ve made here.

I’m in disbelief because my 6 months here is finally over. Weird.

1 comment: