Friday, July 13, 2012

Sorry for the Absence


Wow, I haven’t posted on my blog in a really long time. My last post was back in June. My reasons for the long silence are varied. At first I was kind of upset and a little bitter about missing my Grandmother’s funeral and seeing all of my family. But I got all the details from my mom and 2 of my siblings, then my cousin posted a bunch of pictures of it and I got over that. Then I just got really busy with work. The end of June until now have been super hectic but super good too. It has meant that my normal internet wanderings have been suspended (I logged on to Pinterest yesterday for the first time in a like a month!), and therefore the blog has taken a backseat.

To make up for the lack of posts the past couple of months I’m going to attempt to write a bunch of posts in the next several hours.  I’m currently sitting at the Ulaanbaatar airport waiting for my flight to leave Mongolia. I’m a little sad about this, but mainly just numb. I’m flying to Beijing where I will have an 11+ hour layover where I intend to write more catch up posts. Of course I’m not sure these will actually get put up on the blog since the last time I checked BlogSpot was blocked in China, so we’ll see how many I can get written while sitting in UB.

2 comments:

  1. Stephanie, we missed you at grans funeral, but everyone spoke of how adventurous and awesome you were to be in Mongolia doing such amazing things! You were in our thoughts and conversation :)

    I can't believe you're already leaving Mongolia! I bet it's bitter sweet.

    What's your email address? I have some more pictures of family at the funeral I can send you. Also, Robyn took a gazillion photos from the entire weekend, and I'm still trying to get those from her!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So sorry you missed your gran's funeral. Know that she knows you wished more than anything that you could be there, and I truly believed she was so proud to have you as her granddaughter! Much love to you as you transition from Mongolia back to the US. Hopefully catch up soon.

    Miss you!

    ReplyDelete