Thursday, February 2, 2012

Couldn't Resist

I normally wouldn't put up 2 blog posts in one day but I always post things with my mother as the intended audience and she likes to hear about anything exciting/frightening/completely normal that I do. I feel a little self-involved doing this, but whatever.

So this evening I made my first real friend (Mongolian or foreign) here in UB. As some of you may remember the receptionist seems to be very fond of me and so she pretty much set me and her daughter up on a friend date. Ochmaa is a 19 year old university student and she wants to practice her English. Not one to deny friends I was happy to oblige. So we met after work and went to a cafe to chat. We talked for more than an hour and then walked around the State Department Store (the big store with everything) and Ochmaa showed me the traditional Mongolian products section. It went really well and she and I already have plans to go to the movies next week.

I debated about whether to put this photo up because: a. I look terrible and b. because I'm wearing my green sweater that I seem to be wearing in EVERY picture (I'm not sure how this happens, I promise I only wear it once a week at the most, oh well). However, my desire to show off my new friend won out and so here it is.

Then as I was walking home from my outing, I saw a snowman which made me happy.



Lastly (and this is the best of all), I found this when I got home.


Alex, the french guy who lives at the same hostel as me had baked these lovely treats and left some out for me! I couldn't believe it. 

All in all an excellent day.

3 comments:

  1. You live with a French dude who bakes things? Score. And I happen to like the 2-a-day posts. It's not just Mom who likes to know what's going on over there.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I <3 posts like this, so please self-indulge more often!

    ReplyDelete
  3. :) yay for new friends, unexpected treats and a snowman!

    ReplyDelete