Wednesday, February 15, 2012

My Humble Abode

This is the Lotus Guesthouse, my current accommodations. It is a hostel that is run by the Lotus Orphanage so they can have a place for their international volunteers to stay. The hostel consists of 2 apartments on the 2nd and 3rd floor of the building. I live in the one on the 3rd floor and it is basically like an apartment. I have my own room with 2 beds in it and am very comfortable here. Right now 2 other people are living in the apartment: Alex from France and Anna from England, both are working for the orphanage for several months. We’ve had a few other visitors stay for a few days. The only downside is that I can’t lock my bedroom door which has made me a little paranoid, but I’m dealing with it.
View of the hostel from the street. You can see the sign in the upper left area.
The entrance. The blue door is where I go in.
The living room

This is the shower, it is like a pod type thing.
The kitchen
My bedroom, from a few different angles.

The view of the street from my bedroom.

2 comments:

  1. I am glad the outside doesn't match the inside..

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's a nice kitchen! Better than mine, haha. I hope you are doing well there and can feel safe despite no lock.

    ReplyDelete