Sunday, February 5, 2012

Highs and Lows of the Weekend


Lows:
  • I ate something Friday night that made me sick on Saturday morning. I'm not sure of what it was and unfortunately I had eaten something from my favorite Kebab place (although not an actual kebab) and something from the German bakery I like. I will be avoiding both for the next little while.
  • The BYU Men’s Volleyball team lost both nights to Stanford, sacrificing their number 1 ranking dang it.
Highs:
  • I bought a new mobile phone, replacing the one my internship gave me that is from 2004.
  • I got to talk to my mom (twice), my sister, and one of my brothers on the phone.
  • I got to talk to one of my really good friends for 2 hours 17 minutes but it only felt like half an hour.
  • I was called to be a Young Women’s Teacher at church. (I didn’t actually know this was going to happen ahead of time. The first counselor in the bishopric came to ask me before church to write down my name on what looked like his agenda for conducting. I assumed my records had been received or something since I had not been asked to accept a specific calling yet. Well, when my name was read I quickly asked the Elder who was translating for me if I was supposed to stand up and he said yes. I was standing for what seemed like 5 minutes without knowing what was going on and finally they sustained me and I could sit down. The Elder said he didn’t bother to translate that because I already knew what I was being called to. When I told him actually I didn’t he told me YW teacher.) I’m not totally sure how my lessons will go just yet, but the YW President speaks English and will probably have to translate for me. Either way I’m kind of excited, I’ve never had a calling in YW before.
The highs definitely outweigh the lows so it was a good weekend.

3 comments:

  1. Hope you're feeling better now, and glad to hear how you've found a place of worship to be so connected with while you are there! You are awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad that the weekend ended up being good despite feeling ill on Sat. It was so great to talk to you this weekend. Also I'm glad that you're finding a place and feeling welcomed and connected at church!

    ReplyDelete