Sunday, April 1, 2012

Fresh Air

Last Saturday (March 24) my ward had an activity entitled, “Fresh Air.” We met at the church building at 10am and then drove out to Zaisan Hill which is a hill a little bit south of the city. It is far enough out of the city to actually get to experience some fresh air and get away from the pollution for a while. When we all got there we went into a ger (there were several gers spread around) and had some opening exercises and a few people gave talks/spiritual messages. Then we ate. People kept just handing me food, it was almost endless. Leave it to Mormons to ALWAYS have food at activities, bless their cotton socks. After eating we got to do whatever we wanted so I hiked one of the hills (having lived in Utah for a few years I cannot justify calling it a mountain) with some friends. Going up was a little tiring, but going down was more of a problem. Some of us ended up sliding down some of it because it was so steep and the compacted snow made it slippery. After we got back from the hike, there was more food and just hanging out. Some of the YSA and youth played some games; it was really fun. The whole day was awesome; getting to hang out with church members is great. I just love them so much, they are so welcoming. I had 4 separate people remind me of this activity the week before to make sure that I was coming. Lots of people in my ward make a considerable effort to make sure I am included and taken care of, especially the bishopric. The whole experience was really fun and I’m so glad that I went.
It's pretty obvious why Mongolia is nicknamed the Land of Blue Sky.
Listening to the spiritual messages.
The infamous hot watery milk drink being cooked in bulk. There's actual some spices, butter and a little rice that goes into it as well. Yum (that's a sarcastic yum in case you missed it).
More listening.
Taking a break from walking up the hill.
The top of the hill (or at least as high up as most of us went).
Playing games down by the ger.
UB in the distance.

1 comment:

  1. Can I say that I love that your ward activity had a TITLE? Looks like it was a fun time.

    ReplyDelete