Thursday, March 29, 2012

It Whips My Hair Back and Forth


My attempt at showing the wind.
Now that winter is definitely over, freezing temperatures are not my biggest problem (though apart from a few hours at the hottest part of the day, it is still below freezing). My new weather foe is the icy wind that seems to have arrived with spring. It stings any exposed skin and almost makes things as cold as they were in January. It is even worse when you get a hefty dose of dust and dirt blown right in your eyes and mouth. As I type this from the safety of the indoors I’m happy to declare that it is not as bad as the -40F weather, but when I’m outside I think my hatred of cold temperatures are swept away with the heavy gusts of wind. The weather has also turned quite volatile. Yesterday it alternated between heavy winds with snow and sunshine. A couple of my coworkers have told me that Spring in Mongolia means we can have all four seasons in one day.

No comments:

Post a Comment