Sunday, March 11, 2012

My Favoritest Things

There are 2 things that tie for my favorite thing about living in Mongolia. The first is the people I get to work with. I really enjoy many of the people that I have the opportunity to spend the majority of my time with. (Number one among them is Oogii, the receptionist, she is just a hoot.) I feel very grateful to be working with fun and competent people.
HFH Mongolia team enjoying dinner after our Charity Dinner Fundraiser.
The second favorite thing I have is church. I can't even imagine what I would do here without being able to go to church and the invaluable people I've met there. I have been given the opportunity to serve and participate in the community and I have met lots of Mongolian friends through church. I also don't think I've ever met such devout church members in my life. The Mongolian members' dedication to the gospel through their actions  and levels of commitment are an amazing example. I'm also grateful for the missionaries I've gotten to interact with (Senior couples and Elders), they seem to be the only Americans I've really met here. 
This is the large church building where I help with the music lessons on Saturday mornings. I'm not going to attempt to spell it, I'm just happy I can say it fairly successfully.
Life could really never be all that bad with these things in my life (dang, that sounds cheesy).

1 comment: