Monday, May 14, 2012

Crazy Weather


It seems like half what I talk to people about (in Mongolia and back home) is the weather because it dominates so much of life here. About a week and a half ago a true miracle happened: it became warm and things started to turn green, pretty much overnight. I hit a true milestone when I stepped outside my apartment without wearing any tights (I had previously worn tights under all of my pants and obviously under skirts), it felt a little weird and I felt exposed. Then for a day, it hit 80 degrees and I was walking around with rolled up jeans and a short sleeved shirt, it was amazing. It stayed pleasant for about a week, and then over the weekend it turned nasty again. The temperature dropped and it snowed, but worst of all was the wild wind. I felt like I was going to be swept off my feet and the bag on my shoulder did actually get swept off my arm. Today it is still kind of cold, but the weather report says that it is going to warm up again this week and then snow again.
This picture shows how things have turned green so suddenly and also demonstrates the force of the wind with all of the trash that was blown into the little river. The only thing missing was the frost that was on the grass this morning.
I feel like the weather gods are trying to torture me.

No comments:

Post a Comment