Monday, May 14, 2012

My New Digs


So as I have mentioned previously, I moved into an apartment the second weekend of March. I have now been living in my apartment for about 2 months and have still not put up pictures of it, so this will rectify that oversight. I moved out of my hostel because it was starting to get crowded, as I knew it would when the weather warmed up. I moved in with a girl from work, Eenee. She works in the other Habitat office in Ulaanbaatar, so we don’t actually work together very much or at the same office. We found a one bedroom 4 month sublet from a family that is in China right now. The building is one of the many Soviet built apartment buildings that is super sturdy but not super pretty. The kitchen is tiny but the refrigerator is really big. The bathroom is fully equipped and even has a washing machine (my favorite feature of the whole apartment). The bedroom is large and has a desk with a computer. I sleep in the bedroom on the bed and Eenee sleeps in the living room on a mattress and we both keep our stuff in the more than ample closet in the bedroom. Things have been up and down with the roommate situation, I’m handling it sometimes not so well, but I haven’t killed her yet, so that is a good thing. The location is pretty good and I have only a 15 min walk to work, a 20 minute walk to church, and a 10 minute walk to a pretty nice grocery store. I’m very happy that I moved and that we found this great apartment.
View of my building.
The door and stairwell of building.
Entry way of my apartment.
Bathroom
Living room, the fridge is in the far right corner.
Kitchen (really the corner of the living room that holds the kitchen)
Bedroom
Bedroom with view of the desk.
View from the window: the lovely trash pile.

3 comments:

  1. There's no back to that desk chair?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Alexandra - There is but it's broken. I've screwed it on a couple of time but it always comes off in a day or two and it's not worth it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. My favorite part is definitely the trash pile.

    ReplyDelete