Tuesday, May 15, 2012

Seabuckthorn, Good For Health


Yes, that is a real thing and I’m currently obsessed with seabuckthorn syrup. Seabuckthorn berries are small, round, orange berries that grow in central Asia. They have lots of nutrients are vitamins. For more information, here's the Wikipedia page: Seabuckthorn.

I tried the juice within a couple of weeks of arriving in Mongolia. At first I didn’t like it because I thought it smelled terrible even though the taste wasn’t that bad. But then someone brought some in to work and it started to grow on me. I drank a lot of it when I was sick because it is actually really good for your immune system (Wikipedia backs me up on this claim) and now I’m hooked. I prefer to drink it with cold water instead of hot and I usually always have a bottle of the concentrated syrup at my desk at work. I’ve tried a few different brands, but the Shar Doctor is my favorite. If anyone finds this stuff in the US (or elsewhere) I suggest you try it.


No comments:

Post a Comment