Thursday, May 17, 2012

Feeding People = Happiness

I am trying really hard this week (and hopefully from now on) to be in a better mood and be happier. The best way to feel happy and good about yourself is to serve others. So with that in mind when I ran into the Sister missionaries from my ward on Tuesday I promptly asked them when they could come for dinner, and they were available for Thursday. On Wednesday I spent all of 2 minutes on Pinterest before finding a recipe that looked interesting and doable here in Mongolia, I went to 2 different grocery stores to get almost all the ingredients I needed (don't know why I still can't find pepper), then spent about 4 hours on Wednesday night cooking in preparation. The preparation paid off because dinner was actually pretty good. I made this chicken rice casserole thing (so chosen because I could prepare it the night before and just stick it in the oven 30 minutes before eating). It had vegetables, normal rice, wild rice (totally worth the splurge and I feel super lucky I even found some), chicken, and cheese. We had bread and a green salad with it. For dessert I made brownies and we had them with ice cream. The evening was a great success and I had a really fun time chatting with the sisters. One of them is Mongolian and the other is American and we spoke in English the whole time which was fun.

The main dish after we'd finished dinner (I've really got to work on remembering to take pictures BEFORE we eat). Don't let the shiny melted cheese on top fool anyone, it was delicious.  I will probably be eating the leftovers of this meal for the next 5 days. Thankfully I unloaded half of the brownies by sending them home with the Sisters.
Just because of the good mood that it put me in I might try and feed the missionaries once a week from now until I go home.

No comments:

Post a Comment