Thursday, January 19, 2012

Back to Beijing

On Monday, after only being in Mongolia for 1.75 days, I went back to China. For some unbeknownst reason I had to leave the country in order to get a Mongolia work visa. So back I went to Beijing, the nearest Mongolian embassy. I was not exactly thrilled to have to leave Ulaanbaatar so quickly without really getting a chance to settle in yet and though I like Beijing, I didn’t really have any desire to go there again, especially in January. Oh well.

The trip overall was ok. There were some frustrating experiences dealing with the Mongolian embassy and then a bank where I had to pay the visa fees, but otherwise things went smoothly. I did a lot of walking around because I had time to kill and no real agenda. It was really fun tobe back in China where I feel very comfortable.

(Being a solo tourist means a lot of self-portraits.)

I’m very happy to be back in Ulaanbaatar though, despite the 40 degree temperature difference.

No comments:

Post a Comment