Friday, January 20, 2012

A Good Day

Today was a good day. Not that I've been miserable or anything, far from it, but today was the best day I've had since leaving the US. Today was my first full day of work and it has gotten me very excited.

What made today awesome:

  • I survived walking to work in -39F weather this morning.
  • I spent an hour and a half talking with my boss about everything I'm going to be doing for HFH Mongolia (which is kind of scary since I don't know how to do half of it but I'll figure it out somehow).
  • I had lunch with my co-workers in the conference room. I didn't understand any of the conversation that took place in Mongolian, but it was fun to be with them and Mongolian is a beautiful language to listen to. Half the time it sounds like what they're saying is an important secret, which makes me want to know what it means all the more. 
  • My office is warm and bright. It is a nice place to spend my day.
  • All of the food I've had in Mongolia so far has been delicious.
  • I survived the walk home in -31F weather.
It was a good day. 

Here are a couple of pictures I took of myself while walking home yesterday. I took the one on the bottom to show the small part of my hair that did not get put under my hat and so it frosted after being outside for 3 minutes.



4 comments:

  1. That hair pic is crazy!!! Do you want me to send you some waterproof mascara?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Brittany - thanks for the offer. I've got a system now where I just bring mascara with me to work and put it on there.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are a trooper!! Thinking about you!
    Lots of love your way,
    Katherine and Guerdine

    ReplyDelete