Sunday, January 22, 2012

The Same in Every Language

I was going to write a post summing up my weekend but I'll do that later. Now I just want to digress and say how much I freaking love church! More than any geographical location in the world, going to church makes me feel like I'm home. Today I had the opportunity to go to church in Mongolia for the first time. I had found the church last week but had missed all the meetings (oops). I was grateful that the building was in fact clearly marked so I knew where I was going at least (unlike China where the first week I had to follow someone in a la Harry Potter trying to get on the Hogwarts Express for the first time). I didn't really understand a word of what was said today but I was so happy to be there, to partake of the sacrament, and to feel the spirit. Relief Society was just like it is everywhere: flowers on the table, good news minute shared, plugging for visiting teaching, and we went over time 10 minutes. It felt good to be home.

No comments:

Post a Comment